November 16, 2012

Panarotti’s – Pizza and Breakfast: the best of friends

It was only a matter of time until someone had the foresight to combine the most important meal of the day with what I have always considered to be my absolute hands down all-time favourite food, and created THE BREAKFAST PIZZA!


Panarotti’s have had this on their menu since December last year. It’s criminal that I missed this, and needless to say, I was outside their Cresta store at 8:30 with the fullest intention of rectifying this unforgiveable oversight.

The breakfast pizza is exactly what it says it is – scrambled eggs, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and 3 rashers of bacon on a small to medium sized Panarotti’s margherita pizza.
When the pizza first arrived I thought it was a little small and wondered if it was going to fill me up. I’m a 6’3” so there’s a lot of space to fill. I did briefly consider ordering a second portion. I’m glad I didn’t as I would certainly have been eating my words. The pizza was delicious and the portion was big enough. I’m not an early eater and after eating 7 of the 8 slices, I felt as if I was going to burst.

A very special and well-deserved thank you goes to Noreen, my friendly waitron, and store manager Diedre for making my visit a special one. The restaurant was spotless, the food was delicious, at R19.95 the price is affordable, the vibe was pleasant, and the service was prompt, efficient and friendly. And the cherry (tomato) on the cake of my experience was that the meal was on the house, compliments of Diedre and Panarotti’s.

This breakfast is different to those offered by the likes of McDonald’s and KFC. It’s a sit-down meal only and not available as a take-away. Most Panarotti’s branches are mall-based, and only open between 8:30 and 9:00am so this is not a breakfast for those on the go. This caters more for those already at work, looking to eat breakfast in the vicinity, rather than those wanting to catch a quick bite en route to work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More